The building at 19 Allenby St. was built in 1926 and was planned by architect Isaac Schwartz. It may be categorized as one of the most impressive structures of the 1920s in Tel Aviv. Its location on Allenby Street and its proximity to the Mediterranean Sea boosted its importance.
It is a large residential building with three floors, two entrances and two stairways, which had been built in two stages (original and extension wings(
This is a residential and commercial building marked for the strictest level of preservation. At present, the building has a commercial façade above a partial basement floor with a total area of ca. 1,600 sqm. During the preservation process, the building will undergo a ‘surgical’ process of strengthening and restoration, new interior planning by means of the insertion of modern systems intended to serve the residential apartments and additional construction on the roof. The remaining construction rights were transferred, within the framework of the local urban-planning program, for the construction of a tower on Rothschild Boulevard.
Project initiation year: 2008
Project Manager: Eyal Sarig Project Management